Immediately after a car accident, a lot of stressful, confusing things begin to happen at the same time. You are in pain, and you are trying to get the medical treatment you need. You may be missing work, your car may be totaled, and you may be dealing with multiple insurance companies. You are under a lot of pressure, and you may not know where to turn.
Slow down. During this anxious time, insurance carriers may offer quick money to settle your claim. Do not accept it. A quick settlement only benefits the insurance company. Your doctors are still working on your medical assessment and treatment, and it will take time to determine everything the car accident has cost you. Any settlement or award should cover your immediate and long-term medical needs, lost wages and any other expenses caused by the accident. Not only can we maximize your recovery from the insurance company, but we can also typically negotiate a reduction of your outstanding medical expenses upon settlement.
Work With Experienced Auto Accident Lawyers
Car wrecks happen almost daily on our Interstates and surface roads, often due to inattentive drivers who aren’t paying attention to you, the road or other vehicles. This can be especially dangerous at intersections or in heavy traffic where rear-end collisions can occur. Many such intersections or dangerous portions of highway in our area include access roads near the Mall of Louisiana, Interstate 10, Interstate 12, Perkins Road, Highland, Airline Highway, Bluebonnet Boulevard, Coursey Boulevard, Sherwood Forest Boulevard and Essen Lane.
Our personal injury attorneys will advocate for you in the following ways, even if you do not currently have any insurance.
- Deal directly with insurance companies to protect you from losing or limiting your claim. We understand that the insurance company is better equipped than the average man or woman to handle claims. Let us use our knowledge to benefit you.
- Deal directly with law enforcement.
- Work with experts to assess your injuries so you get the treatment you need.
- Help evaluate the extent of your personal and financial losses so you can be fully compensated. Let us review your damages, explain them to you and seek the best recovery for you.
- Identify all sources of recovery for you. Many times, there is more insurance available to satisfy your damages than may first be thought.
- Work aggressively and strategically to maximize your compensation for bodily harm such as broken bones, soft tissue injuries, neck pain, and back pain and spinal cord injuries. We also negotiate with doctors to reduce medical expenses.
Car accidents often happen because of careless driving – speeding, talking on cellphones or texting while driving. They are also caused by drunk drivers, defective car parts and other reasons. Whether you are an innocent driver or an injured passenger, we help both drivers and passengers who are hurt in car crashes.
Strategic Investigations After A Car Accident Or Serious Injury
Immediately after an accident, law enforcement officials begin to remove evidence from the scene and insurance carriers will begin collecting the necessary evidence to defend a claim. It is important for you to have a Baton Rouge car accident attorney on your side to preserve evidence in your case.
Our lawyers will review police reports, witness statements, photos of the accident scene, medical records and any other evidence. We routinely work with experts, including accident re-constructionists, financial planners and other professionals who can assist in producing necessary evidence for your claim.
What If I Do Not Have Medical Insurance After A Car Crash?
If you have been in an accident and don’t have medical insurance or a regular doctor, we can help. We routinely refer our clients to doctors who can assess their medical histories, gauge the extent of damages and help to determine the amount of compensation they will need at no out-of-pocket expense to you. Do not be afraid to pursue a legitimate claim just because you do not have medical insurance. Before you give up, do give us a call.
Call For A Complimentary Consultation
Insurance companies take us seriously. We do our research, and they know we do our homework. After a car accident, learn about your options at 225-341-7187 or 1-866-920-5654. You can also email our Louisiana office to schedule a free consultation.